According to PwC’s recent Retirement in America report, 1 in 4 Americans have no retirement savings, and only 36% of those surveyed believe their retirement is on track. What’s more, median savings for soon-to-be retirees (those between the ages of 55 and 64) is equivalent to less than $1,000 a month over a 15-year retirement span. That’s not enough money to retire in the United States.
In this session for young professionals with disabilities, “Taking Control of Your Financial Future” will leave you with tips on how to make smarter decisions with your money. More specifically, we’ll cover various topics including:
- Savings strategies and the power of compound interest
- Investment principles and tips for investing in a tech-driven era
- Common retirement accounts, how they are taxed, and why it matters
- Maximizing your workplace benefits
- How to avoid fraud and misleading opportunities