The NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome and Associated Disorders (NJCTS) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. NJCTS is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Strategic Program Manager – Hybrid Work Schedule
The NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome is looking for a motivated Strategic Program Manager to join our amazing team! NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome is a non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure children and adults with Tourette Syndrome (TS) and the associated disorders are empowered and accepted through education, advocacy and research.
NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome provides a fantastic work environment and offers flexibility. At the NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome, we are rewarded daily by the work we do in providing quality programming and services for those living with Tourette Syndrome and the associated disorders. We are looking for a Program Manager who is detailed oriented, adept at multitasking, brings passion to their work, and wants to become part of a dynamic team working to improve the lives of those in the TS community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Strategic Program Manager will design, develop and implement creative programming for children and families that increases engagement and supports NJCTS’s mission. The individual will identify new opportunities for increasing program income and work closely with NJCTS staff to efficiently execute programming. The Strategic Program Team Leader must also have demonstrated skills in project and staff management, with an ability to recognize and implement additional efficiencies such as identifying grant writing and marketing opportunities.
• Assist and guide staff in designing, developing, and implementing new programs (from concept to
execution) that support the organizational mission
• Assist and guide staff in writing creative briefs and messaging related to programming
• Assist in the identification and implementation of opportunities to increase program income
• Develop metrics for monitoring program success, and assess strengths and weaknesses, making
recommendations for changes for strategic growth
• Guide staff in identifying new opportunities and innovative program ideas for all NJCTS programs
including the youth development and family programming and webinar series, which involves
identifying topics and interfacing with external presenters
• Manage a program schedule on a weekly basis, tracking on progress, identifying dependencies, and
increasing efficiency amongst staff.
• Advise and support research in grant opportunities from government and non- government
• Collaborate with partner organizations to drive growth and vastly broaden the reach of NJCTS’
programs and services.
• All other duties as assigned.
• B.A. in Marketing, Business or Project Management; but other degrees with equivalent experience considered.
• Minimum 5 years-experience in strategic planning, project and staff management and alignment and marketing
• Non-profit experience preferred
• Advanced understanding to support staff in developing programs that are innovative and
revenue-driven in the growth of non-profit organizations
• Keen understanding of strategic planning and marketing
• Familiarity with the development of virtual programming
• Fluency in the use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram as tools for strategic
• Proven success in grant writing preferred
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and
• Excellent analytical skills
Compensation and Application Process
Base salary range for this position is $60K -70K and is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time hybrid position based in Somerville, NJ. Currently, required to come onsite one day a week. Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits. Paid holiday time off and PTO policy.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please use Strategic Program Manager in the subject line. Upon request of interview, writing samples that demonstrate creative and on-creative writing skills may be requested.