At the NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome, we are rewarded daily by the work we do in providing quality programming and services for those living with Tourette Syndrome and the associated disorders. We are looking for a Development Director who is willing to take on new challenges, bring passion to their work, and wants to become part of a dynamic team working to improve the lives of those in the TS community.
Position Summary: The Development Director will report to and work closely with the executive director, and will be responsible for writing and executing a strategic revenue growth plan for the organization. The primary role of the Director will be to increase revenue sourced from major gifts, grants (corporations, foundations) sponsorships, and fundraising events. The individual will secure new donors and cultivate donor relationships.
This a full time hybrid position with the flexibility to work from home.
- Write and execute an annual strategic revenue growth plan that includes new prospects, corporations, foundations, individual donors, sponsors
- Secure funding from corporations, foundations, individual donors, sponsors
- Develop new individual donor contacts and cultivate relationships with donors
- Plan and execute fundraising events that make a profit, and offset the cost for having events
- Effectively use a CRM tool for donor management, communications and marketing
- Research, write and submit grant proposals
- Work with the programming team to identify funding needs, and secure money for programming and events
- Assist communication manager with the creation of print, digital or social media content for materials targeted toward donors
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree preferred in Business, Non-Profit Administration, Communications or related field
- At least 5 years proven experience in development, fundraising, and grant writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and marketing skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying strong prospects and cultivating donor relationships
- Proficiency in using CRM software, and Microsoft Office Excel, Word
- Fluency in the use of social media
Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred.
Compensation and Application Process
Salary range for this position is $90K – $100k and is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time hybrid position based in Somerville, NJ. Please submit a cover letter and resume with writing sample and a grant proposal to Resumes@njcts.org. Please use Development Director in the subject line.
The NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome and Associated Disorders (NJCTS) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. NJCTS is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
At the NJ Center for Tourette Syndrome, we are rewarded daily by the work we do in providing quality programming and services for those living with Tourette Syndrome and the associated disorders. We are looking for a Project Coordinator who is detailed oriented, adept at multitasking, brings passion to their work, and wants to become part of a dynamic team working to improve the lives of those in the TS community.
Position Summary: The Project Coordinator reports to the program manager and provides administrative support for the daily operations of the organization. The Coordinator will work with volunteers, and performs other duties as assigned.
Maintain, organize and order office supplies, as needed
Maintain shared drive and -purge electronic program files and paper files annually
Maintain grant reporting documentation
Maintain inventory of NJCTS assets including literature, furniture and equipment
Responsible for researching and recommending office equipment purchases and/or leases and scheduling maintenance and repairs
Point person for vendors and landlord communications
Provide initial support for software, hardware, network, telephone and equipment issues
Perform other administrative and secretarial duties as necessary
Coordinate the administrative support for the webinars and collect survey results
Prepare reports from surveys and help to assess effectiveness of presentations
Assist in identifying and recommending topics and presenters
Annual Family Retreat weekend
Primary liaison between the staff at the recreational facility and NJCTS
Coordinate overall logistics pre-arrival and onsite at the facility
Work in collaboration with NJCTS staff in developing program itinerary
Coordinate registration, housing, and meals
Primary liaison between Rutgers’ staff and NJCTS
Gather and maintain application data and contact information
Coordinate registration, housing, meals, medical supplies
Ensure organization is in compliance with staff safety training, and background checks
Coordinate logistics for NJEA conference –set up exhibit table, order premiums, etc.
Organize volunteers for the conference and attend as necessary
Gather quarterly reports from staff in timely manner
Coordinate evaluations and prepare reports for the Scholarship program,
and Educator of the Year, and Healthcare Provider of the Year awards
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree required
At least 3 years- experience as a Project Coordinator or related work experience
Strong attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Ability to work well under pressure and under tight deadlines
Keen ability to multitask and be flexible
Proven experience in managing and responding to multiple priorities effectively
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Pro,
Compensation and Application Process
Salary range for this position is $45K -50K and is commensurate with experience This is a fulltime hybrid position based in Somerville, NJ.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Resumes@njcts.org. Please use Project Coordinator in the subject line.