Medical Outreach Coordinator
The New Jersey Center for Tourette Syndrome is a not-for-profit organization committed to the advocacy of children and families with Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders. Dedicated to delivering high quality services to these individuals, the Center recognizes the importance of educating the public, medical professionals, and teachers about this disorder through programs and affiliations with public schools, health centers, and universities.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Medical Outreach Coordinator develops, organizes, and administers all medical outreach programs for NJCTS.
- Conducts outreach to hospitals and doctors’ offices to increase awareness of NJCTS programs and expands relationships.
- Expands, schedules and organizes all medical training sessions in hospitals and throughout the medical community.
- Maintains physician referral listings and identifies experts to add to the physicians referral list.
- Supports the planning of childhood mental health conference as well as other medical related conferences.
- Identifies grant opportunities to fund medical outreach program.
- Researches and distributes weekly e-news research article on TS and associated disorders to medical professionals.
- Collaborates with staff and professionals to ensure wraparound services are made available to families.
- All other responsibilities that may be necessary to fulfill the duties of this position or that may be assigned by the program manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, Psychology
- Minimum 3 years work experience or non-profit background in social work, healthcare, public health, nursing or psychology required. Research experience helpful.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and analytical skills
- Experience with identifying/analyzing needs toward program improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
Compensation and Application Process
Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with similar non-profit organizations. This is a 30 hour a week position based in Somerville, NJ.
NJCTS is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.