Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Clinic Supervisor for The Center for Psychological Services at the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP). This position will lead the Tourette Syndrome Clinic (TS Clinic) and reports to the Director of the Center for Psychological Services at GSAPP.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Direct oversight of programming and provides supervision and training to doctoral students in assessment and/or treatment.
- Works with/serves as a liaison to the New Jersey Center for Tourette Syndrome and Associated Disorders (NJCTS), and other community partners as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.Must be a licensed Practicing Psychologist in New Jersey for a minimum of two years.
Licensed as a Practicing Psychologist in New Jersey.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience providing and/or supervising psychotherapy and/or assessment.
Family & Medical Outreach Coordinator
Position Summary: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Family & Medical Outreach Coordinator
builds and maintains supportive relationships with families impacted by TS; establishes and expands
collaborative relationships with medical professionals; and coordinates volunteers to support
• Develop, implement, coordinate and continually enhance ongoing programs including:
⮚ Family Outreach
▪ Conduct intakes and ongoing support
▪ Ensure all families are informed about the range of supports available from and
▪ Expand family support opportunities
▪ Collaborate on development and implementation of:
• Family Retreat Weekend
• Leadership Academy
• Other events as assigned
▪ Recruit families for research at TS Cell & DNA Repository at Rutgers
⮚ Medical Outreach
▪ Conduct outreach to hospitals and doctors’ offices to increase awareness of NJCTS
medical education programs
▪ Conduct outreach to hospitals and residence programs to schedule Grand Rounds and
other training for doctors, residents and medical staff
▪ Identify experts to add to Physicians Referral List
▪ Research, identify and schedule monthly webinar topics
▪ Identify subject matter experts and work with presenters in developing message
▪ Coordinate webinar logistics in collaboration with Program Coordinator
▪ Facilitate webinar discussions
▪ Recruit, assign, support and retain volunteers
▪ Facilitate corporate and school team participation
▪ Recruit, train and supervise summer interns
• Collect and report on data relative to all program activities above
• Collaborate with staff to ensure successful relationships and participation at
• Represent NJCTS at various community meetings as appropriate
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in social work, counseling, psychology, human services or related field
• 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in a social work environment
• Demonstrated experience matching resources to recipients
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Self-starter and creative thinker
• Excellent attention to detail, organization and analytical skills
• Experience with identifying/analyzing needs toward program improvement
• Ability to match and then supervise volunteers to organizational need
• Fluency in the use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to carry weight of up to 15 lbs. (relative to conference table set up)
Compensation and Application Process
Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with similar non-profit organizations. This is a full-time position based in Somerville, NJ.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Resumes@njcts.org. Please use Family
& Medical Outreach Coordinator in the subject line.