Education Outreach Coordinator
The New Jersey Center for Tourette Syndrome is a not-for-profit organization committed to the advocacy of children and families with Tourette Syndrome and its associated disorders. Dedicated to delivering high quality services to these individuals, the Center recognizes the importance of educating the public, medical professionals, and teachers about this disorder through programs and affiliations with public schools, universities, health facilities, and community organizations.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Education Outreach Coordinator develops and organizes all education and community outreach programs for NJCTS as well as provides guidance and support to TS families relative to education issues. Ideal candidates include teacher assistants and substitute teachers.
- Develops and implements statewide education outreach program targeting New Jersey’s diverse population with special emphasis on inner-city schools and organizations.
- Along with NJCTS school in-service consultants, presents to school personnel, community organizations, healthcare professionals, and various state agencies.
- Collaborates with Medical Outreach Administrator to ensure efficient program management
- Presents professional image and ensures and maintains professional relationships with families, educators and medical professionals
- Schedules presentations for schools, medical centers and community organizations.
- Cultivates and maintains working relationships with NJCTS school in-service and hospital grand rounds presenters
- Identifies, recruits and trains professionals for faculty and community in-service presentations
- Ensures successful relationships and participation at conferences for education, medical and community professionals statewide
- Designs and revises PowerPoint presentations for faculty and staff in-service presentations
- Maintains training calendar for professional education presentations
- Maintains event spreadsheet for school and community presentations
- Provides family support and information on education issues
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience; background in Marketing/Outreach with experience in education, special education or social work preferred
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Prior public speaking experience and ability to engage and present to a large audience
- Flexibility in scheduling to attend meetings and events in the evenings or weekends
- Ability to travel throughout New Jersey
- Ability to carry weight of up to 15 lbs (relative to conference table set up)
Compensation and Application Process
Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with similar non-profit organizations. This is a full-time position based in Somerville, NJ.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Resumes@njcts.org. Please use Education Outreach Coordinator in the subject line.