The New Jersey Center for Tourette Syndrome & Associated Disorders (NJCTS) will be hosting its 4th annual NJ Walks for TS at Mendham on Saturday, November 23, with all proceeds benefiting the School In-Service program to educate students and teachers at schools in ever corner of New Jersey about TS, bullying, advocacy and much more.
Here are 10 reasons you will love NJ Walks for TS at Mendham if you get involved! And you don’t have to travel all the way to Mendham, N.J., to be a part. Check out these awesome options:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}
- Registration is $22.50 through the end of the day TODAY. As of tomorrow, November 1, registration will be $25. Register yourself or an entire team NOW and save!
- The School In-Service Program costs NJCTS $71,000 each year. The fundraising goal for this year’s NJ Walks for TS at Mendham is just $50,000, and so far we have received a little more than half that. Help us not only reach but surpass that goal by donating or fundraising today!
- This year’s walk has a stellar Honorary Committee, each member of which is fully dedicated toward helping New Jersey’s Tourette Syndrome community. See who’s on the committee!
- On November 23, registration and check-in will begin at 9 a.m. The walk itself will begin at 10 a.m.
- If you attended the NJ Walks for TS at Ramapo in April, you might remember the fantastic music provided by The Lappes, a four-piece, smooth rock fusion band from North Jersey. They will be with us in Mendham, too. Read more about The Lappes, and get excited!
- Prizes will be given out to the captains of the THREE (3) biggest teams, the team which raises the most money and the top TWO (2) individual fundraisers not associated with a team.
- There will be a 50/50 raffle: Be sure to have cash on hand to purchase THREE (3) tickets for $5, SEVEN (7) tickets for $10 and TWENTY (20) tickets for $20.
- There also will be a silent auction! A golf foursome at prestigious TPC Jasna Polana Golf Course in Princeton, valued at $900, will begin at $450, while the American Girl 2013 Doll of the Year, worth $110 now and more than $200 by the end of the year, will begin at $100. Winners must be present, and winning bids can be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- “Free To Be Me” bracelets will be available for purchase once again! You can buy ONE (1) for $3 or TWO (2) for $5.
- The “Ain’t No Can’t” hat and book bundle, valued at $20, will be on sale at the registration/check-in tables for only $5. Find out why this would be a terrific holiday gift for your child!