The 5th annual advocacy walk is Nov. 15th
SOMERVILLE, NJ– This year’s NJ Walks for TS is going to rock, thanks to “The Rock of New Jersey.” A promotions team from Morris county based Greater Media, home to WDHA 105.5 FM and WMTR 1250AM Classic Oldies, will be there to share music, games and prizes. The annual 5K family walk and fun run benefits education outreach programs of the New Jersey Center for Tourette Syndrome.
Tourette Syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder characterized by uncontrollable movements or sounds known as tics. As many as 1 in 100 people show symptoms of this disorder which is frequently accompanied by ADHD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, anxiety and other conditions.
NJ Walks for TS is a day for advocacy, acceptance and self-empowerment that exists for kids, by kids. Funds raised by the walk will benefit NJCTS’s Education Outreach Program which includes trainings for teachers and nurses at schools in every corner of the state, as well as peer trainings and anti-bullying sessions on behalf of New Jersey kids with TS.
The event will take place on Saturday, November 15th at Borough Park, Mountain Ave., Mendham. NJCTS is asking for help in several ways:
- Individual walkers/runners can click here to register now.
- Teams are a vital part of this event and can register by clicking here. Team walking/fundraising is a great way to boost the effectiveness of each participant. There’s no limit to the fun of gathering teammates, building a group identity, finding a mascot, etc.
- For those unable to attend the event, sponsoring an individual or team is a meaningful way to show your support for those living with TS.
- Corporate/business sponsors are needed to help present this event.
- Spreading the word has never been easier- click here to share with friends and family
For more information about NJ Walks for TS visit www.njcts.org or call 908-575-7350.