I was reading this and thinking of how my own mom is, and I couldn’t help but laugh. Feel free to steal this for yourself :)
“REASONS YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE MESSING WITH A MOM OF A CHILD WITH A DIFFERENCE”
1. Chances are it’s been awhile since we’ve had a full night of sleep, and that will give us a reason to plead insanity.
2. Beware: We are not afraid to have a serious “meltdown” of our own.
3. We are tired, and we are saving all the patience we have for our kids.
4. We have a far shorter fuse for nonsense as a result of our responsibilities, but A FAR thicker skin.
5. We can get you in a hold/lockdown position in less than 3.5 seconds.
6. We can shoot you a look that would make a linebacker tremble in his boots.
7. Some of us have given up on using skills, mirroring what others are reflecting to us, and therefore, will choose to share the with those who are lacking…
8. Our tolerance and patience is for our kids who didn’t choose to have special needs, not for someone who CHOOSES to behave inappropriately and is ABLE to control their actions.
9. We’re probably already on edge and it would be unwise for you to push us over.
10. We are sleep deprived and already defensive, and we spend all of our patience on our children, doctors, therapists, social workers and teachers, why would we waste an ounce of it on a total stranger?
11. We’ve had to fight from the moment of our child’s birth so by the time you tick us off, we’re seasoned battlers and could win a war.
12.We devote our lives to our children and don’t need more stress from people who don’t understand our life.
13. Wherever there is a cub, there is a mama bear… We’re always watching.
~ JoNeen Ohlaker