About the Academy
The NJCTS Tim Howard Leadership Academy is a four-day program that takes place in state-of-the-art dormitories on Busch Campus at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey in Piscataway. Participants will work, play, eat and sleep at Rutgers and enjoy a wide range of activities, such as:
- Interacting with doctors, psychologists, and other experts in the field to learn more about Tourette Syndrome!
- Being a part of large and small group discussions with other teens and young adults with TS. You’ll hear their stories and have opportunities to share your own!
- Participating in a variety of recreational activities.
- Create a project that can be used in your own advocacy efforts and be used to help advocate for others.
- Forming friendships and connections with other participants, and meeting successful young adults who will serve as Coaches, guiding participants through the weekend’s events!
Guest speakers include leading experts in their field, all of whom have extensive knowledge of TS. These experts will guide you to learn more about TS from a variety of different perspectives.
Eligibility to apply: Must be a teen with Tourette Syndrome entering sophomore year through new high school graduate.
Click to learn more about this life changing program.