The NJCTS Tim Howard Leadership Academy is an invaluable learning experience for teens with Tourette Syndrome. Over the course of four days, participants attend engaging workshops that provide a deeper understanding of their diagnoses and participate in small discussion groups where they may share their personal triumphs and challenges. Through numerous educational activities participants develop their sense of self-leadership, self-advocacy, and resilience. Eligible applicants:
- Have a diagnosis of Tourette Syndrome from a qualified medical practitioner, such as a primary care physician, neurologist, psychiatrist, or psychologist.
- Are entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school or just completed their senior year of high school.
- Have an evident interest in, or a vision of, themselves as leaders
- Are comfortable being away from home for four consecutive days
- Can meaningfully participate in an intensive learning experience with others who live with TS (including interacting easily with others, sharing information about themselves, discussing their diagnosis comfortably, and being around others who tic)
- Are able to sit in a workshop setting for up to an hour at a time
Because consideration for admittance is dependent on all aspects of the application being completed, you are advised to begin the application process as soon as possible to ensure a completed application is submitted by the deadline.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE CLASS OF 2018 IS NOVEMBER 2017 THROUGH JANUARY 15, 2018.
There is no cost for participants to attend the NJCTS Tim Howard Leadership Academy. The Academy is made possible by NJCTS and our supporters—outstanding individuals and families who are passionate about this life-changing program.
Applicants who are being considered for admittance will be contacted for an interview. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com.